Butter Flavored Cooking Spray *
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar SUBSTITUTE
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup PLUS 2 tablespoons nonfat buttermilk
3/4 cup MASHED COOKED sweet potato
* I have used Pam Butter Flavored Cooking Spray
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a NONSTICK baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar (substitute), baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl combine oil, buttermilk and mashed sweet potato. Add to the dry ingredients (in the large bowl) AND MIX UNTIL thoroughly combined. (The dough mix will be DRY).
4. Transfer dough to a floured board. Knead a few times and pat to a 1 inch thickness RECTANGLE. DIP A sharp knife in the flour, then CUT THE DOUGH into thirds LENGTHWISE. Then cut each long strip into 6 EQUAL PIECES (making 18 squares). Transfer biscuits to prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes OR until tops are GOLDEN and FIRM TO THE TOUCH. Serve warm.
- Makes 18 biscuits
- Total Calories per biscuit
- Total Fat 3 grams
- Saturated Fat 0 grams
- Carbohydrates 16 grams
- Cholesterol TRACE
- Sodium 204 milligrams
- Dietary Fiber 1 gram
- Protein 2 grams