1.5 cups sweet potato - baked or boiled, peeled and chopped
2.5 cups turkey - cooked, chopped.
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon canned diced mild green chiles
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 large egg white
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 scallions, chopped
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup roasted sweet red pepper
Pre-heat oven to 400F
2. Boil or bake sweet potatoes, peel and chop into cubes.
3. Take 1 cup of the sweet potatoes and mash them and set aside for now.
4. Chop sweet red pepper into thin strips about an inch long. Chop chipotle pepper. Chop scallion. Chop cilantro.
5. Chop turkey into cubes.
6. Mix together the mashed sweet potatoes, cubed sweet potatoes, cubed turkey, red pepper strips, chopped chipotle, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1 chopped scallion, egg white, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
7. Heat skillet on medium heat and add oil and butter. When hot, add the hash mixture to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes until the bottom sets. Turn it once and cook for another 2 minutes. If using a non-stick skillet, experiment with using less oil and butter and perhaps increasing the broth.
8. Turn into a baking dish (unless you are using an ovenproof skillet) and bake in a 400F oven for 10 minutes.
9. Serve topped with remaining cilantro and scallions. Can serve with salsa on the side.
- • Calories 285.29
- • Cholesterol 74.27 mg
- • Sodium 745.80 mg
- • Potassium 442.63 mg
- • Carbohydrate 17.43 g
- • Dietary Fiber 1.86 g
- • Protein 28.58 g