1 1/4lb swordfish steaks , 4 pieces
2medium lemons , sliced thin
1/2red onion , sliced thin
2tbsp fresh rosemary , leaves, minced (or 2 teaspoons dried)
1tbsp fresh thyme , leaves, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
1tsp black pepper , coarsley ground
1/4tsp salt , to taste (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2) Using 4 double layers of foil large enough to cover the fish, place one piece of fish in the center of each one.
3) Cover each piece of fish evenly with the lemons, onion, rosemary, thyme, pepper, and salt.
4) Bring the two sides of the foil up, loosely to meet in the center, folding the edges to close. Fold up the ends to create packets, again making sure not to pull tightly. You want to leave room for expansion.
5) Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven until the fish is opaque, about 10-12 minutes.
Be very careful when checking and serving packets, steam will escape as you open them!
Excellent cooked on the barbecue also!
- Calories 191.7
- Total Carbs 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Unsaturated Fat 4.2 g
- Potassium 30.7 mg
- Protein 28.6 g
- Sodium 128.4 mg
- Dietary Exchanges
- 1 Fat
- 4 1/2 Very Lean Meat