1 cup red lentil
3 Tablespoons rice
3 Tablespoons bulgur
1 onion (chopped)
1 Tablespoon tomato paste (smashed in a small amount of water)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Spices (optional—you may add whatever you like)
- put the olive oil & onion in a mid size pot and cook the onion for 5 min by keeping stirring
- add the tomato paste and stir for a few min
- add the lentil&rice & bulgur together , mix in the pot all together and finally add the water.
- cook at a low temperature for 20-25 min until lentils are well cooked.Add water if the soup is too thick .
- lastly add the dried min & spices
Do not forget to stir in every 3-4 min as lentil may stick easy.
This is a very traditional soup in Turkey. Recommended to serve with pickles.