olive oil cooking spray
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 8 ounces (480 g) each, halved
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 4 ounces (240 g) each
8 small red potatoes, about 1 pound (960 g) total, scrubbed and quartered
8 ounces (480 g) fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 large onion, 8 ounces (480 g), thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
8 dried apricot halves
8 dried pitted prunes
1/2 tablespoon (7.5 ml) crushed dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) crushed dried rosemary
freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
1 small navel orange, washed and thinly sliced crosswise
1 large lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
1) Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5. Lightly coat a large baking pan with cooking spray.
2)Rinse chicken pieces; remove and discard any visible fat. Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towels.
3) Arrange chicken in the prepared pan and surround with potatoes and mushrooms. Scatter onion and garlic cover chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil over all. Arrange orange and lemon slices on top. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, uncovering the pan during the last 5 minutes of baking time.
4) Serve at once.
- Per serving
- 247 calories (18% calories from fat)
- 27 g protein
- 5 g total fat (1.0 g saturated fat)
- 24 g carbohydrate
- 3 g dietary fiber
- 80 mg cholesterol
- 92 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges
- 3 lean protein (meat)
- 1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch
- 1/2 fruit)