Pretty freaked out this week, can not get my blood sugar under control!! It has been so high it is unreadable on my meter!! I am currently in search of a new dr. so have no where to go right now for advice. I feel as if I am falling apart, my mouth is sore, I have a yeast infection and I can barely see everything is very blurry!! I have blood sugar down to 188 today but still feel horrible. I have read that anything over 300 and I should go to ER but I feel as if that would be like going for a cold. HELP Please!!

Amy Campbell


Given your symptoms of high blood glucose readings, blurry vision and a possible yeast infection, you should seek medical attention if you haven’t by now. If you have health insurance, you can give your plan’s member services department a call, as they can help you find a physician or provider, at least until you choose a new one. Your town or city might also have an urgent care center or a walk-in clinic where you can go for assistance. Another option is to stop in a local chain pharmacy, such as Walgreens, CVS, Wal-Mart or Target. They may have an in-store clinic where you can see a nurse practitioner, or the pharmacist may be able to recommend other options for you. If you don’t have health insurance, contact your local department of public health. They can likely refer you to a free care clinic, or perhaps a clinic where you can pay on a fee-for-service basis. If your symptoms worsen, you can certainly go to the ER.

January 2, 2012 at 5:15 pm

1 reply

slvrf0x44 2012-01-15 14:22:06 -0600 Report

I am so positive about having an Endocrinologist to watch my progress and give me direction - I suggest you find one - But when they tell tou to do something - Listen to them !!!