I have a question in regard to weight loss. I wear braces for my back, my hands, and my elbows. I have to walk with a cane and cannot walk long periods. The Dr said I can exercise only in water, so my question is how can I do this when I don't have a pool and the military base has closed theirs. So how can I exercise without a pool? Who can help in getting one?

Amy Campbell


Are there health clubs or gyms, such as a YMCA, in your community that have pools? If not, I’d suggest that you speak with your doctor about alternative exercises that you could do. Let him know that water exercises may not be possible due to lack of access to a swimming pool. Request a referral to a physical therapist or an exercise physiologist who could work with you to develop a program for you. I’d be surprised if there were no other types of exercises that are suitable for you.

September 4, 2013 at 6:35 pm

1 reply