I would like to switch over to taking injections by pen, but in the pen the vial comes only in 100iu. I am taking Huminsulin 30/70, 40iu, 35 units in the morning. Please advise me the dose that I need to take in 100 iu.

Patty Bonsignore


In the U.S. insulin is only dosed in 100 units per cc. In Europe, however, some insulins are dosed 40 units per cc. Insulins containing 40 units per cc verses 100 units per cc, give you less insulin. Most likely, when you switch to a U 100 insulin your daily dose will be decreased. It is best to discuss how much to decrease your dose with your diabetes doctor.

July 4, 2013 at 2:24 am