According to the ADA, a good meal plan should have a wide variety of foods that fit with your schedule and eating habits.
There are a variety of foods out there that can fit within your diabetic diet. Here’s a sample menu to help you get started.
• Spinach Mushroom Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust, 7g carbs
• 1 cup Low-fat milk, 12g carbs
• Minestrone Soup, 25g carbs
Carrots, celery sticks, sliced cucumbers
• Lemon and Dill Chicken, 3g carbs
• Pair with steamed vegetables, brown rice or spinach salad with your favorite vinaigrette