Photo courtesy of Diabetes Hands Foundation, MasterLab. Pictured Anthony Hightower, Daniele Hargenrader, and Chris Clement.
November is Diabetes Awareness Month, and Diabetic Connect is excited to participate in raising awareness for everyone affected by diabetes.
More than 30 million Americans have diabetes, and another 86 million have pre-diabetes and are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes. With numbers like these, it’s important to raise awareness for diabetes, diabetes research, diabetes management, and diabetes education.
Why should you get involved?
- Take control of your type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Help the 29+ million diabetics in the United States take control, too
- Inform the 8.1 million people in the United States who have diabetes and don't know
- Find support through learning and sharing
- Receive personalized recipes and help
Participating in Diabetes Awareness Month is quick and easy.
On this page you can:
• Read personal stories from people with diabetes
• Learn more about diabetes and diabetes management in our articles section
• Find new diabetic-friendly recipes