There are so many important things nobody ever tells you about living with diabetes. You have to figure them out on your own – which can be tricky, to say the least. First and foremost, there’s the issue of finding the right doctor or other healthcare professionals to work with.
Should you simply see the first doctor whose path you cross? Or should you research them? Do you even have a choice?
This month, for my first installment of “Living with Diabetes: The Real-Life Stuff You Need to Know,” I’d like to share some tips about identifying and working with the medical professional(s) who can best help you.
Tip 4: The Magic of a CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator)
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a personal coach for your diabetes care? Someone who would sit down with you on a regular basis … more
Tip 5: What to Do with Your Doctor/Educator Face-Time
Many patients feel frustrated or even disheartened by interactions with their doctors. But quite a lot really depends on how you approach … more
*Links to learn more about Finding a Doctor and the Doctor/Patient Relationship: *
- Finding an Endo 101 - http://www.diabetesmine.com/2009/07/finding-an-endo-101.html
- Free Help in Finding Dr. Right (a downloadable resource) http://www.diabetesmine.com/2008/12/free-help-in-finding-dr-right.html
- How to Be a Good Diabetes Patient, from an Endo’s POV - http://www.diabetesmine.com/2008/12/free-help-in-finding-dr-right.html
- How to Be a Good Endo, from a Patient’s POV - http://www.diabetesmine.com/2009/09/how-to-be-a-good-endo-from-a-patient%e2%80%99s-pov.html
- Wisdom from my Favorite Joslin Doc - http://www.diabetesmine.com/2010/01/wayback-wednesday-wisdoms-from-my-favorite-joslin-doc.html