i play a little guitar and im looking for a meter that will dionthe trick taking readings from the arn so my fingers wont be so sore

By andyjon Latest Reply 2011-02-28 16:34:38 -0600
Started 2011-02-27 18:00:23 -0600

any ideas on meter that will don this

4 replies

GabbyPA 2011-02-28 14:43:21 -0600 Report

Many of the newer meters offer alternative site testing. It is still debated on the accuracy of those readings. Like Bunny Cakes said, you can test on the sides of your fingers so that you are not working the tips you play with.

jlhrph 2011-02-27 21:08:50 -0600 Report

check the monitor.most of the newer monitors allow you to check in alternate spots. i know the lifescan monitors do like the one touch which is endorsed by bb king.

Bunny Cakes
Bunny Cakes 2011-02-27 18:10:48 -0600 Report

I play a little guitar as well but I've found that as long as I test in the right places on my fingers it doesn't affect my playing, the least painful spot for me is the very tip just below the fingernail with a 30 gauge lancet, if I squeeze just a bit as the lancet goes in there is no pain at all. I also choose fingers I don't use as often, like my thumb, on days when I plan on playing a lot.

Though I know everyone's fingers are different perhaps that will get you by until you can find a meter that works well in alternate testing sites.

I'm still new at this and not insured so I had to take whatever meter I could get and learn to get by with it.