I was recently diagnosed with T2 Diabetes, but I have been a picky eater ALL my 54 years. And before anyone says I have to change my eating habits I will say it is not an option. I gag when certain foods get in my mouth and I will not sit and gag through meals to try to teach myself to eat those things I don't and won't. Also, I realize there is a recipe section. Trust me, I have read through a couple hundred recipes this week - both here, on other websites and in my newly acquired Diabetic Cookbook.
That said, what I am looking for are some tried & true recipes that do NOT contain any of the following:
1) seafood (no seafood - nothing - not even tuna fish or fish sticks)
2) onion (including scallions and other such noxious critters)
3) peppers (bell, banana - doesn't matter. However I am okay with ground peppers for spice)
6) stewed tomato (sauce is okay in moderation, but not in excess such as with spaghetti or lasagna)
7) beans or peas (I can tolerate green beans and if I add a lot of spice & seasoning I can tolerate baked beans made from pork-n-beans)
7) greens (as in spinach, turnip greens, collard greens, mustard greens. Cabbage is okay either raw or cooked)
8) wild game (no rabbits, deer, quail etc - Basically I only eat white meat chicken, beef, boneless pork options and turkey breast)
9) yogurt, cottage cheese or sour cream (it would be okay mixed in something cooked, but not as it comes straight from the carton)
10) reserved for those items I didn't recall at the moment
Okay, with all those limits on ingredients I can only hope for a few tried & true good recipes for the T2 Diabetic. Thanks all!
Next Discussion: Januvia »