chest noise

By runthe Latest Reply 2010-12-29 18:16:26 -0600
Started 2010-12-28 12:26:38 -0600

Hi all I hope that everyone is staying warm on this cold december day. My question may seem dumb but here goes. I have notice a rumbling or swishing sound in the chest area. I was wonder if anyone else is having this problem. It does not bother means but sometimes I have a need to cough. Sometimes It feels like I am wheezing. I don't have asthma. thanks to all in advance.

10 replies

shorty1965 2010-12-29 18:16:26 -0600 Report

I have not had that but u have to get to your doctor and just let them see you and try to remember when it happens or what you was doing when you noticed the noise.if you don't want to go in just call and let them know when it started and how often you hear it.

Elrond 2010-12-29 18:09:36 -0600 Report

Another thing to consider, especially if you have a history of heart trouble. When my congestive heart failure acts up, I experience very similar symptoms. I've lived with CHF for many years but it requires medication and regular monitoring. By all means, see a doctor as quickly as possible. It could be something minor but it certainly should be checked.

GabbyPA 2010-12-29 10:25:05 -0600 Report

No question is dumb, but this is one you need to go and have your doctor listen to. Take care of yourself Ruthe, we need you here.

Life Saver
Life Saver 2010-12-28 19:21:08 -0600 Report

Many are getting close to PMWAL (Practicing Medicine Without A License.)
What they all seem to be wanting to say is that it is VITAL, maybe a matter of life or death, to see a good doctor ASAP !!!

It might be almost nothing, but it could be something as serious as cancer, a benign tumor, or pneumonia, etc.

There is a slight chance that it will get better without a proper diagnosis AND TREATMENT.

The delay may cost you more time off and higher treatment expense. I know this by experience. Sometimes symptoms are very slight for even serious pneumonia CASES THAT PUT YOU IN ICU for 19 of 22 days.

Good luck,

squog master
squog master 2010-12-28 18:56:56 -0600 Report

When that happened to me for the first time about 25 years ago, I felt fine other wise so I did nothing. It ended up getting worse & to be pneumonia. Call your Dr ASAP

mkhojh99 2010-12-28 18:12:51 -0600 Report

I agree with everyone…when my chest does that it is either Bronchtitus or pneumonia. At any rate, get it checked waitin could only let it develope into something worse.

Harlen 2010-12-28 14:19:58 -0600 Report

Yep you need to see a Doc it can bE C.O.P.D and a lot of other things
It is something you dont mess with.
Best wishes

Silverbeehive 2010-12-28 13:11:51 -0600 Report

It sounds like you need to go to the Dr.'s. You could have bronchitis or even worse a phenomena. When in doubt, check it out.