Autonomic Neuropathy

Griz olsen
By Griz olsen Latest Reply 2010-12-30 19:31:52 -0600
Started 2010-12-27 08:36:06 -0600

Hi folks, My name is Griz and both my husband and myself have diabetes. My question is about my husband Glen. He has autonomic neuropathy, a complicatgion of diabetes and I can't find doctors who specialize in this field in Chicago. Any help? He seems to be getting sicker by the day and am looking for help form him.

10 replies

shorty1965 2010-12-29 17:40:58 -0600 Report

Hello Jralphs a month after i found out that i had diabetes my daugther went to the doctor and she has it also.I hope that your husband find the specialize he needs to help him.Because having diabetes is hard in it's self i'm praying for you and him and everybody that has health problems.

GabbyPA 2010-12-27 10:47:08 -0600 Report

I don't know who to have you talk to but I did find this article on and it made me think.

My husband uses a pain management doctor to deal with his spinal injury which is also nerve based. Perhaps a Pain Management doctor could help you while you continue to search for a neurologist that can help you out? His pain management doctor has done a great job at returning his quality of life to him.