I am Aisha, a industrial and product design student from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University school of design. I am currently doing research on Diabetes and will really really appreciate any help. I choose this topic, as my grandfather was a diabetic. I was quite young at that time, and was very curious about what's goes on my grandfather's mind, as he cannot enjoy all the food as us. And he would bribe us to secretly get him sweet stuff, mangoes was his fav, etc. I wish could have help him. My grandmother still feel guilty as she thinks she didnt' took good care of his food intake.
Coming back to my topic, for my research start, I need to understand a diabetic person daily life. The aim of this research is to design some products that will make the diabetic friends life easier.
1. It will be very much appreciate to tell me how your daily life begins and what goes on. Briefly will be fine.
2. I will like to know what difficulties you face? such as
in the beginning when you were diagnosed, what difficulties were then?
did family member find it difficult to adjust? did you find it difficult to adjust as your family member were diagnosed? such as emotionally, in terms of food, etc?
3. what are the difficulties you face with the products you use? such as pumps, blood testing monitor? etc…
4. is there any difficulties in medication process? eating? keeping, carrying?
5. Any other challenges, difficulties you may encounter as you are dignosed? or your children? family member is diagnosed? do driving or travelling becomes a challenge for examples? anything from you will be much much appreciated.
Pls leave me your reply here, or you may contact me through emails stated below.
Next Discussion: Being Cold »