Testing Suppies Help

By cherrypie Latest Reply 2008-09-24 02:54:32 -0500
Started 2008-09-23 04:05:26 -0500

Does any one know where you can get helpwith testing supplies? I currently have no income, filing appeal for disability and been denied by medicaid. I need help with obtaining test strips for FreeStyle meter

3 replies

kdroberts 2008-09-23 07:44:44 -0500 Report

You could also try a store brand meter. Target (EasyPro) and Wal-Mart (ReliOn) both have them. The meter is usually about $7-8 and the strips are about half the price of the brand, roughly $45 for 100/$22 for 50. They don't have any fancy bells and whistles but they will tell you what your blood glucose is.

vgarrison 2008-09-24 02:54:32 -0500 Report

My neighbor has the Walmart Relion brand, and she says she loves it. There nothing xtra special about it, but it accuratly checks her blood sugar.

The other advice I have for you is a group called Select Care Benefits. Their number is 877-331-0362, ask for Lori. They help go between the manufactuar and you. It cost 20 a month for the strips and 20 a month for the lancets, but that covers all of them, no matter how many you use. It's worth a shot for you!!! Good luck