Chicken and potato salad
• 3 small new red potatoes (about 4 oz.)
• 4 teaspoons orange juice
• 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 2 cups torn mixed spring greens
• 1 1/4 cups sliced, roasted chicken breast (about 5 oz.)
• 1/3 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
• 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
• 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper (optional)
1. Scrub potatoes. In small saucepan bring potatoes and enough water to cover to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 18 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse with cold running water. Drain well. When cool enough to handle cut into slices.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk together orange juice, mustard, honey and oil. Set aside.
3. In medium bowl toss together potatoes, greens, chicken, tomatoes and green onion. Drizzle with mustard mixture. Toss until combined. Arrange on serving plate. Sprinkle with pepper (if desired).
This recipe is loaded with veggies and fiber. There are some carbs involved and this is a great recipe for the single perspn since the serving size is designed for one person. You are looking at about 500 calories per meal and 45 g or 3 servings of carbs. You can reduce the amount of orange juice and potatoes to save on carbs and calories. Replace with extra greens, onions, and/or tomatoes. You can also add more chicken to increase the protein value. Remember that protein is a good stabilizer for our blood sugars. It also helps build, maintain, and repair injured and healthy muscles. Easy to make and a quick lunch for tomorrow at work.
Next Discussion: help »