Improper Disposal of Home Medical Waste (Did You Know This ? )

By MAYS Latest Reply 2010-09-10 08:59:41 -0500
Started 2010-09-08 11:07:05 -0500

The improper disposal of home generated medical waste poses a potential health hazard to many, including family members, sanitation workers, people in the community, hotel housekeeping staffs and school personnel.

Although rare, diseases as serious as Hepatitis B and AIDS can also result from accidental needle sticks.

In addition, loose syringes thrown into your household trash can also be misused if they fall into the wrong hands. Moreover, these items can injure small children, pets and wildlife.

Please dispose of medical waste properly!


3 replies

GabbyPA 2010-09-10 08:59:41 -0500 Report

this is why we take ours to our waste centers where they have a special area set up just for our sharps containers. We give them our old ones and get new ones for free. Then they take it and dispose of it properly.

Guardianstone 2010-09-10 04:41:34 -0500 Report

Hello again Mays;
You have another winner with this timely reminder.
If we don't clean up our own messes, who will? I grabbed one of my test strips and cut my hand. The bottle had a sharp edge. the strips caught in the bottle, and cut the webbing of my hand. If my husband had grabbed it he would have to fill er up at the hospital. He is a cardio patient on three anti-couagulants.
Guardian stone

Next Discussion: Your a keeper »