By Durgesh09 Latest Reply 2010-08-09 20:06:13 -0500
Started 2010-08-09 11:24:42 -0500

I am an Indian visitor to the USA. I am diabetic(Type 2) and had brought my insulin stock from India. The stock will exhaust by Sept 10th and i am returning on Oct 10th. Hence I am falling short by a month. Please let me know how to get my Insulin stock here.
I take HUMINSULIN 30/70 and use insulin pen

4 replies

kdroberts 2010-08-09 12:15:34 -0500 Report

It would be best to see a doctor. But, you should be able to go to any pharmacy and ask for Humulin 70/30 or Novolin 70/30. They are both 70% NPH insulin and 30% Regular human insulin like your HUMINSULIN 30/70 which isn't a brand name available in the USA. They should be available in most states without a prescription, Humulin 70/30 is made by the same company that makes your insulin so is probably the identical product with a different name. It's fairly cheap compared to other types of insulin but still costs a good amount, a vial would be a lot cheaper than a pack of pens, maybe $60 compared to $150+. You may need a prescription to get needles depending on the state you are in.

MAYS 2010-08-09 12:54:22 -0500 Report

Thanks for the information kdroberts.
I wondered if the HUMINSULIN 30/70 and the Humulin 70/30 were either the same or manufactured by the same pharmaceutical company.


MAYS 2010-08-09 11:58:36 -0500 Report

Hello, Welcome to Diabetic Connect !
Are you here visiting family, on vacation or are you here on business ?
If you have access to a medical doctor or a medical clinic, you can have a medical examination and\or have a prescription written for you for your Huminsulin 30/70 if necessary and have it processed at a local pharmacy.


Next Discussion: went to the doc »