So a dumb question

By nakedbaboon Latest Reply 2010-05-21 14:01:18 -0500
Started 2010-05-21 10:59:47 -0500

What are Infusion Set Tubing Clamps used for? They came with the pump and I am curious and have not found anything on them.

4 replies

Harlen 2010-05-21 14:01:18 -0500 Report

I dont know I dont use them lol havent had any need for them
But good Q
Best wishes

monkeymama 2010-05-21 11:33:54 -0500 Report

I have clamps that came with my insulin pump. For me I use them whenever my pump is going to come off. I keep two with my for unusual situations too. It helps keep the needle insertion point sterile and clean from environmental factors while it is off. At least that is how it was explained to me. I get two of them in each one of my boxes of infusion sets. Hope this helps you out. Good luck with your new pump. :)

nakedbaboon 2010-05-21 12:20:28 -0500 Report

No not the covers. The blue hooks that came with the PUMP not the infusion sets. The book with them calls them an Infusion Set Tubing Clamp and shows them going around the tubing. Are these to help run tubing or to cut off insulin flow?

monkeymama 2010-05-21 12:27:19 -0500 Report

Sorry, I have never heard of those at all. Wow! Did you try to call Medtronic or your educator? My pump doesn't have anything like this at all.

Next Discussion: Creating My Diabetic Book »