type 2 numbers

By Anonymous Latest Reply 2010-05-11 19:04:27 -0500
Started 2010-05-10 12:55:11 -0500

Have been a T2 since 1978-always diet controlled-i am active and underweight

Since hitting my 50's-have been struggling with numbers-have not been to a Doc in 6 yrs. No complications other then trigger thumb—-I refuse oral meds-would prefer insulin—but not sure if my numbers would indicate use—-am-122-140—2 hour post meals upper 160"s to 200

6 replies

GabbyPA 2010-05-11 10:26:27 -0500 Report

Insulin can be prescribed right from the start if that is what you would like to do. When you get your blood work done, ask about it. There are a lot of benefits from using insulin over oral meds, and if you can afford it, go for it.

newgramma 2010-05-11 19:02:42 -0500 Report

so-do you take insulin? I am in the process of finding a doc——-I believe I will not go to an endocrinologist-just a family practice doc———-thanks

spiritwalker 2010-05-10 15:34:42 -0500 Report

The first thing you will have to do is find a Dr. If you have been
diet controlled all this time and your numbers have been good, I am sure the Dr. will want a work up to see if there are other
medical reasons your numbers are up. You can ask about insulin. Good luck to you.

newgramma 2010-05-11 19:04:27 -0500 Report

that is my game plan right now——but first am going to see an ortho about the finger——this is very hard for me because I do not like to go to doctors—-I have a thing about germs and being touched——but i know there are things that i must do

Next Discussion: Heart Burn I think !!! »