By nanax7x1 Latest Reply 2010-03-10 16:57:08 -0600
Started 2010-03-10 10:17:09 -0600

i sm 64 years old and have bc/bs from my husbands work.
I am in need of dental work. because of my age, and health condition my dental work should be done at the hospital. my insurance will only pay 1500.00 for the dental part. the work needed will be 4000.00 plus the hospital.
does anyone know where i can get help getting all of my teeth out. they are broken off and stay infected. i will die from my teeth some day if i don't get them out.
can anyone help me, please.

5 replies

Scorpious1 2010-03-10 16:57:08 -0600 Report

Dental colleges will pull teeth as well as other dental services dirt cheap. Students do the work under a doctors supervision. Depending on your condition, they may or may not do it. It's worth a check.

spiritwalker 2010-03-10 13:33:25 -0600 Report

I don't know where you live, but you might try the following.
If you have a medical/dental college in your area call them.
You might find programs that they offer which would be able to
help you. Good luck.

sweething 2010-03-10 14:17:38 -0600 Report

However you do it, make sure you get loaded up with antibiotics. Diabetics with rotten teeth can get infections from them.

veggie1962 2010-03-10 10:27:57 -0600 Report

Have you contacted your insurance to see if any part of the hospitalization could be covered? I know it's "dental" work and that falls under you dental policy, but it's only being done in the hospital because of medical conditions that you have. That last part is making me wonder if that will open a door to your medical benefits kicking in.

I don't know where you live, but here in VT, they have healthcare ombudsmen available through the state to serve as an advocate between you and your health insurance or to help you find an avenue to get what you need. Might want to check out any state services that may be available to help you figure out your situation.

I pray that a solution will be be found.

Next Discussion: A1C »