I have amassed a lot of materials since I was diagnosed as a diabetic. I woild like to share some with you if I may.
These are some things I live by daily;
1.Do not accept any advice as gospel, including my own advice. Only trust your blood sugar numbers and AIC.
2. If you find something that makes sense ,don't be afraid to try it. In today's amazing world,victory comes to those with the flexibility to try the amazing new things developed.
3. You must EXERCISE as much as you can. NO exceptions, No excuses.
4.You must drink 6-8 glasses of water a day to cleanse your system. We live in a toxic world. Cleansing your insides is critical
5. You must get proper rest every day. It may be hard to do ,but it is just as important as eating correctly,exercising,and drinking water.
6. Keep your sense of humor ,laughter is the best way to do it.
7. Eat five smaller meals per day, instead of three large meals and snacks.
8.Focus on keeping your energy balanced throughout your day.
9.Avoid fast food places as much as possible.
10. The more precisely you exercise , the better will be the results.
11. Avoid the magic pill syndrome. Without a sound basic diet and exercise ,all the diet pills and nutritional supplements in the world are basically useless.
12. Keep up with whats going on about diabetes in the world, the more you know, the healthier you'll get.
13.Make your family members , improve their health . Getting rid of junk food in your house is always a good idea.
14.Think long term,not short term. Diabetes will be with you for the rest of your life.
Remember this is information that I have compiled, and its use is strictly your decision. It will probably apply most to those recently diagnosed.
Next Discussion: Resources »