does anyone now where i can get help with my Diabetes supplies

By dfs Latest Reply 2009-10-19 07:50:05 -0500
Started 2009-10-15 10:42:14 -0500

i have been having trouble geting my supplies and i can't get any help and i have lost my job to even get my meds that i take so i don't no were to go or were to turn if anyone can tell me what to do

13 replies

wisbadger 2009-10-19 07:50:05 -0500 Report

If you are low income you can use a web site call You enter the name of the medicine and it tells you if the manufacturer has a Patient Assistance Program. If yes, they list the phone number to call along with other information. Usually you are able to print out the program application form. Complete that along with financial information and if they approve your application they will send you the medication for free. Because you recently lost your job your last federal tax form may not show you are now low income. I would call them and ask what you can do to verify low income. I have done this for several medicines and it takes some time and some followup but it is worth the effort.

G Thomas
G Thomas 2009-10-17 12:52:53 -0500 Report

Hello Everyone, I am back breifly. Started Gerontology class and with everything else I am under water. Anyway try these companies. They deal with Meidcare/Medicaid peolpe. The lady I care for uses these via Brevard Health Allience Clinics. I dont know if they are in all areas. Try the web sources on both of these. Google or yahoo. Foe Ins. and Healthease. My lady is on disability and has limited medicare. No Medicaid at all. She is only55/56.Also I got medication discount cards from some sight. Its called Prescription,Imaging & Laboratory Savings Card By Free for ALL Incorp. give these a try. Good Luck.

Wendy Mac
Wendy Mac 2009-10-15 19:37:34 -0500 Report

dfs, Funny you should ask this, I just had a conversation with my docs office. I lost my job in March and my unemployment compensation just ran out and my COBRA insurance will now be (4) times what it started approx $420. monthly. But I rambling, not about me more about you…Every county has a Health Dept. Go there or call and see if they can help you. They can at least help you begin the process to get assistance in getting your meds. Also, your doctor who prescribes your insulin can provide a form from the drug manufacturer that you need to fill out, along with W2 forms, that will allow the mfg. help you get you meds, sometimes for free. The docs office did say that faxing the forms are the best way. Good luck to you, I am starting this process tomorrow. I will keep you posted if you like.

diabetic journey
diabetic journey 2009-10-15 21:13:32 -0500 Report

There are tons of places you can start to help you with this situation, I know the in and outs of where you need to go and what you need to do. My intention here is not to self promote at all but Ihave written a book called the poor man's guide to diabetes management which is in the publishing face right now check out my blog at or contact me by email on the site and I will be glad to send you a copy of my book.

darlin 2009-10-17 01:15:54 -0500 Report

The county is a good place to start; & the mfg of your meds; & your own dr..I have used all these when w/o health ins for 10

2009-10-15 12:33:34 -0500 Report

try ccs medical thats where i get my supplies their very friendly and helpful they go out of there way to make sure i get mine just talk to them tell them whats going on here is there number # 800-726-9811 good luck friend

hbkunkel 2009-10-15 11:57:39 -0500 Report

Look under the medications section of the discussions and see what I wrote about getting meds. I think it will really help you. Good luck and God bless.Betsie

Ms Kat
Ms Kat 2009-10-15 12:17:18 -0500 Report

Try Byram Health Care 1-800-234-1779.
I get my test strips, lancets and meter and they bill my ins. They will except most Ins and people with out Ins.

Good luck with it.

kgb 2009-10-15 11:04:53 -0500 Report

Trying writing letters to the companies that actually supply them. Many companies have compassion coverage, I know, I was a receipient of such coverage for a very expensive medication. I hope you get some favorable reponses

ptsparkle 2009-10-15 11:04:17 -0500 Report

I'm at a loss of where to get help. I'm assuming your ins. went with your job. Are you old enough for s.s, or are you a veteran? Try asking your Dr. if he knows of any help. You are in a bad place if you are unable to take your meds. Wish I could help more.