Doctor Change

June Tademy
By June Tademy Latest Reply 2009-09-16 20:30:24 -0500
Started 2009-09-16 19:40:38 -0500

I have type 2 diabetes, the day I turned 63, I had my physical and was told that I had"adult diabetes", I was determined to deal with it and it has not bothered or interrupted my life, however, I finally had a really good doctor, heworked with me for three years, gradually trying different medication (pills)and always encouraging me. I was having a difficult time loosing weight but through Nutrisystem I am better. Now I am informed that my doctor is being transferred and I have another doctor. I am having a difficult time dealing with this and I do not know enough about this doctor, he does not take time to talk,etc., I am going to the adminstrator to request a change-am I being reasonable or am I making too mu;ch of this..I was doing sooooo well. I am trying to loose the weight so that I will not need any medication, this is what my old doctor told me. This new one is not on the same track.

2 replies

Jipwhip 2009-09-16 19:55:39 -0500 Report

No, I do not think you are being unreasonable at all. You have every right to be seen by a doctor you can trust and work with. Having a doctor who does not talk or explain stuff to you is very bad for you. You need to do what is best for you.

Next Discussion: metformin drinking »