MRI Results

By cakeybakes Latest Reply 2009-07-21 12:39:25 -0500
Started 2009-07-20 21:20:00 -0500

I will be receiving my MRI results on Wednesday. The EEG showed some slowing in the background activity of the left side of the brain. There were no significant spikes to indicate seizure activity; however, the results were not normal. So, I got an MRI to compare with the ones from 2 and 5 years ago which showed a small "white area" in the left lobe. Which actually explains the right-side tremors. But they have gotten much worse (by my standards).

Needless to say, I am slightly freaked and I am on the verge of tears and screaming rage just about every second. The waiting is just too much sometimes.

I put on the brave-face for my family, but I know it's safe here to "lose it" a little. Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts and prayers, I really need them for the next couple of days. The not-knowing is the worste of all.

9 replies

cakeybakes 2009-07-21 12:25:13 -0500 Report

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My app. is tomorrow afternoon, and I'll have my mom with me since my husband has to work. It's always good to have someone else there to listen and ask questions, esp if it's bad news. Right now, I would just like a diagnosis! I can deal with anything they throw at me.

John Crowley
John Crowley 2009-07-21 10:03:52 -0500 Report

A few years ago, my youngest son (who was just a baby at the time) stopped breathing. No choking. No signs of a seizure. Just stopped breathing. It was so scary. We got him breathing again and then took him by ambulance to the hospital.

They ran all kinds of tests to try to figure out why it happened. And I completely understand what you're saying about the waiting. It is excruciating! It was almost worse than the moment when we thought we might lose him. Just waiting and waiting for the results and for someone to tell us what was wrong.

It turned out they never found an explanation. And thankfully he's never had anything happen like that again.

I hope you get good news tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you.

cakeybakes 2009-07-21 12:27:27 -0500 Report

I'm glad all was okay with your son. My daughter stopped breathing a couple of times after she was born and spent three days in NICU. No explanation either. She's now 17, 5'9" and gorgeous! Go figure! I think God just likes to give us a wake-up call every now and then. Too bad we're too dense to hear the whispers that He has to yell a little once in a while!

apanda 2009-07-21 12:39:25 -0500 Report

John, how awful. I'm not sure what is worse, that they made you wait for the tests, or that they never gave you a diagnosis. I'm glad there have been no more incidents with your son.

apanda 2009-07-21 09:28:30 -0500 Report

You are in my prayers also. I know how hard it is to be waiting for test results as I too have been waiting for 2 weeks now for a biopsy result on my stomach. Why does it have to take so long to get these results when the hospital is required to read the results within 24 hours of you taking your test? It's very frustrating. I hope you get some good news.

mamaoak 2009-07-21 09:02:46 -0500 Report

You are in my prayers i am thonking aboout you. try and keep busy i know it is hard to stop thinking aboout your reasult. my thoughts are with you.have a good day.lots of hugs