uninsured..need help with supplies..where to turn??????

timmy t
By timmy t Latest Reply 2009-07-14 10:28:22 -0500
Started 2009-07-14 09:11:04 -0500

im tpye 1 diabtic, and on humolog and lantus. need my lantus im out of it. cant find any one to help get it. im also homeless and had to quit my job for health reasons.

4 replies

GabbyPA 2009-07-14 10:28:22 -0500 Report

Stories like this just crush me. It took me 9 months to find a clinic to help me. I went thru my local hospital to get the contact information. Perhaps even contacting the local news paper to get your story out there, you just might find an angel.

apanda 2009-07-14 09:57:56 -0500 Report

I also found this information for you. This organization works with a lot of the pharmaceutical companies to provide free medication to those that are unable to afford it. It is based on your annual income and ability to pay.
They have a website but it differs from state to state. Here is the toll free number you can call and they can point you to the right website or help you by phone.

1-888-4PPA-NOW (1-888-477-2669)

Best of luck.

apanda 2009-07-14 09:52:26 -0500 Report

You might also want to call someone at your local Untied Way agency. If they can't help you directly I'm sure they could point you in the direction of someone that can. Also, you could try Catholic Charities for help. Good luck. I hope things turn your way soon.

2009-07-14 09:17:02 -0500 Report

see if you where you live they have some kind of program like county insurance. i know they do where i am. if all else go to an urgent care clinic/emergency room at a hospital where you are and they should be able to fix you up. if you're homeless you can also try the salvation army and charties like that. they help diabetics where i'm at. i know it's not much, sorry.