First, the things said below are the things that personally bother me. Not meant to offend anyone.
What are some of the ones you hate?
* Do you have the bad kind?
* People who suggest I can reverse my juvenile type 1 diabetes with anything.
* I was sitting in the clinic several weeks ago. Pulled out my meter and the lady next to me said… oh I have diabetes also. Then goes on to say… how was the surgery? I looked at her confused as I have a lot of surgeries in the last 15 months but I didn't know her. She then said … weight loss surgery? No, ma'am I said I've never had that surgery before. She said but you are so thin…Yes ma'am I have always been thin. She said, why do you have diabetes? I then was a little irritated and told her to have her Dr explain it.
* Someone posted on a support group page asking what everyone's blood sugar was… I responded with a 463. Not realizing the response I would get and much like I have seen lots of diff sights…I got … it can't be that high you would be dead, go to the ER now, etc. I know everyone is diff. no one diabetic is the same. what works for me might not for you. I've had diabetes all my life… I don't go into DKA until over 650. I know what to do but thank you all for being concerned.
* Wow that's a lot of complications you must not have taking care of yourself…In fact I HAVE taken care of myself. They have done studies that suggest that no matter what some people do to control their diabetes they will still get complications.
* Your A1C is perfect so you are well controlled…LOL nope but not without trying. When you have lots of lows and highs it equals out to be the perfect A1C so I don't get all worked up or care to much about my A1C.
* They don't do pancreas only transplants.. YES they do cause I had one.
* I don't know why they don't give everyone a pancreas transplant, it is a cure and I want my child to have one…NO it is not a cure and you would not want your kids to get it done. TRUST ME
Just a few.. Thanks for listening
Next Discussion: Getting comfy in my new reality... »