I just got diagnosed with type 2

By Kristy1979 Latest Reply 2014-09-22 11:10:45 -0500
Started 2014-09-21 19:46:33 -0500

I just got diagnosed with type two diabetes and was proscribed metformin and it had a bad reaction with my mood stabilizer so now I can't take it till I go tomorrow at 3. The nurse got rude with me and denied knowing I was on my mood stabilizer when it's on my med list and my discharge papers from my last visit from this past Monday. Can anyone say law suit?

3 replies

jNaZr 2014-09-22 11:10:45 -0500 Report

I take Zoloft and noticed a HUGE emotional roller coaster as soon as I started metformin. I seem to be tapering off though. I talked to my dr office and they advised that I give it time to adjust to new stress in life. I want to call bs because she claimed she never heard of that side effect before.

jayabee52 2014-09-22 01:47:35 -0500 Report

Howdy Kristy,

Steve (haoleboy) brings up a good point. Yes you can try to sue, however if you cannot show how you were damaged you may not even be able to find a lawyer who will take your case. However, you might speak to your Dr and tell Dr about nurse's attitude and perhaps she will get a reprimand.

Not taking your Met will not be a big deal and probably Dr will Rx a different diabetes medication for you to take, one which will not interact with your mood stabliizer.

Out of curiosity, for what purpose are you on that mood stablizer?

God's best to you and yours

Next Discussion: Possibly some good news »