Need help with diabetic supplies

By dispatchernikki Latest Reply 2009-04-23 10:25:52 -0500
Started 2009-04-22 11:43:54 -0500

Does anyone know how I can get help with my diabetic supplies and a new meter and strips. I am covered to get my medications, but not the supplies I need. Please help any suggestions welcome!!!!

15 replies

2009-04-23 10:23:24 -0500 Report

If you are collection through S.S.D.I. you can get MediCare things will give you but have given them what information from DR's order for you to use MediCare will see that you need it. It will deliver to your house.

alwaystryin 2009-04-23 09:43:06 -0500 Report

Anyone have a Link for US Medical? Also, we recently applied for and were informed we would qualify for a Meter and Strips for a year. Xubex is the Company.

2009-04-23 09:51:11 -0500 Report

Did you try ?

silver.lily 2009-04-22 23:37:39 -0500 Report

I have so much to say on this subject but I will limit myself if I can. LOL
I went all over town looking for help since I have no insurance.
I even went to all the pharmacies. Finally one Pharmacist told me about TrueTrack.
The monitor costs less than $30 and 100 pack of strips only $50 that is less than half price than anywhere else I was able to find.
Obviously it is still expensive but much more managable than a $100 meter and $100 for strips.
I will take spending $80 over spending $200 anyday …especially to become more healthy

bigjrm45 2009-04-22 12:56:02 -0500 Report

check your DR. office they sometimes have free meters you can have,and also just have to start asking around,I take my extra to my DR. and she gives it to the ones who need them.

dispatchernikki 2009-04-22 14:39:14 -0500 Report

I have checked with my doctor's office. when i first found out that I had Diabetes, the gave me a box with the meter and some strips and lancets. I was never told on how to use it, or when, or anything. i was not very impressed. I did most of the research on my own because the office would not tell me anything.

cyncyn 2009-04-22 12:27:12 -0500 Report

you might want to check with US Medical. there's a form to fill out, asking income and what your expenses are for the month. my mother-in-law qualified, her supplies(meter and strips) are free of charge. it worth a shot! good luck

dispatchernikki 2009-04-22 14:37:30 -0500 Report

I will check with them also. Thankyou very much for your help.

2009-04-22 17:16:26 -0500 Report

I have used US Medical and have gotten several supplies. A moist heating pad for my arthritic knees, a blood pressure and pulse rate device that you put around your wrist. I have also gotten other things.

dj7110 2009-04-22 12:02:44 -0500 Report

awile back we had discusion entitled Where does everyone get there suplies? unsure whom started but it should be found by cicking on the serach discusions link above and typing in keyword suplies. had many different responses with many different places to obtain supplies such as meters and strips.