"As you may have heard, Smiths Medical recently announced their decision to stop selling the Deltec Cozmo® insulin pump. In an effort to lend a helping hand to individuals affected by this decision, Medtronic Diabetes has launched the Medtronic Cares Program.
For a limited time, the Medtronic Cares Program provides easy access to our Paradigm® REAL-Time System – the only insulin pump powered by REAL-Time continuous glucose monitoring. Visit www.MedtronicDiabetes.com/cares for more information.
What Is the Medtronic Cares Program?
• Program Offering: Beginning April 3rd, in-warranty Deltec customers will be offered the revolutionary Paradigm REAL-Time System – the world’s only insulin pump powered by real-time continuous glucose monitoring - at a reduced price. The promotional package includes:
• A recertified Medtronic Paradigm® 522 or 722 insulin pump
• 30 days of supplies (1 box infusion sets, 1 box reservoirs, 1 insertion device)
• A two-year insulin pump warranty
• How It Works: To help offset out-of-pocket expenses, Medtronic will offer a trade-in credit for any in-warranty Deltec pump, as well as the option for patients to work off additional expenses by answering four customer surveys over a 12-month period.
• Eligibility: This promotion is intended to assist in-warranty Deltec insulin pump customers affected by the exit of Smiths Medical from the diabetes market.
• Enrollment: For more information on this program, including additional qualification requirements, contact Medtronic on the Web at www.MedtronicDiabetes.com/cares. You can also call us at 1-800 MiniMed (800-646-4633), Option 6.
About Medtronic Diabetes
At Medtronic Diabetes, www.MedtronicDiabetes.com/cares we lead the way in life-changing innovation and dedicated help and support. In uncertain times, rest assured that Medtronic is here for you around the clock, today and into the future.
Medtronic’s diabetes business is the world leader in advanced diabetes management solutions, including integrated diabetes management systems, insulin pump therapy, continuous glucose monitoring systems and therapy management software, as well as world-class, 24/7 expert consumer and professional service and support.
Medtronic, Inc. (www.medtronic.com), headquartered in Minneapolis, is the global leader in medical technology, alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world." - Provided by Medtronic Minimed
Personal note: I think this sounds like an amazing thing for Cozmo users who are now feeling like their in the dark! Medtronic as a company is stepping up to take care of the diabetic community in need right now during these hard times. Check it out, at this fork in the road when you're considering to switch to another company, Medtronic products could be the very best thing to ever happen to you(as it has been in my case for the past 6 years.) PLUS they just launched a new pink pump!!!!!! Read the article written about the new program on Diabetes Mine http://www.diabetesmine.com/
Next Discussion: help with test strips »