This started from a post at the diabetes mine site about AAD, ambiguity about diabetes. http://www.diabetesmine.com/2009/02/aad-syndr...
I'd like to hear what other people have to offer. Here's a regurgitation of my post there:
My list of annoying conversations/questions in no particular order:
1) Just because I’m diabetic, my feet won’t fall off.
2) Yes I’m diabetic and not fat. It happens.
3) Yes I’m diabetic and not old. It happens.
4) No, don’t give me insulin when I have low blood sugar. Please don’t give me CPR either.
5) Because I’m diabetic does not mean I need to eat candy all day.
6) Just because you know someone with diabetes who eats junk food all day doesn’t mean I should.
7) No I don’t wear special socks.
8) Yes I’m aware of sugar free candy. I’m also aware of the affects on my bowels. I appreciate the offer of sugar free candy, but would rather just have a piece of regular candy and bolus myself.
9) ….and the candy is “sugar free”, not “diabetic”. There is no such thing as “diabetic gum”.
10) No the finger pricks, needles, infusion sites don’t hurt.
Next Discussion: Bravo for Him.... »