Foot care

Spiced Allie
By Spiced Allie Latest Reply 2014-06-24 01:27:04 -0500
Started 2014-06-21 11:06:40 -0500

I know there are issues with foot care. I'm not sure what to do. I see I have what look like a blister on my foot but I'm not quite sure. It's not painful at all but the skin looks like an air bubble. Anyone have some helpful info. Please and thank you

10 replies

notawittykitty 2014-06-24 01:27:04 -0500 Report

Whatever you do - see a podiatrist…if you have to be referred by your doctor then go see your doctor right away! Immediately and do not open that blister, whatever you do. If you have to go to the emergency room. If I sound concerned it's because I had a small tiny red spot on my big right toe and a few weeks later it had to be amputated because I didn't think anything of it. At the time,,I wasn't on meds because I had lost my job and hadn't been taking them for almost a year. I ended up going to a county hospital almost a week after that little red spot appeared because it was hurting to walk and the infection was inside my bone and ate it up. I went home with a pic line and meds to try to combat the infection but it was eating my bone so I had to have my toe amputated. I am still struggling with issues on walking but it is something I have stressed to all my friends. Don't fool around with that especially if you are a diabetic…take care of it now. I would not want anyone to go through what I did! Take care and keep us posted Spiced Allie. God bless you!

Just Joyce
Just Joyce 2014-06-23 11:03:45 -0500 Report

When it comes to blisters and cuts to the feet. You should contact your doctor immediately. I would also consult a podiatrist because he or she can determine if you are wearing properly fitted shoes. Far too often I see women squeezing their feet into shoes because they look good. Ill fitting shoes will cause foot problems later in life or immediately by causing blisters.

msann 2014-06-21 19:30:11 -0500 Report

hi you need to go to the doctor don't let that go on I work on my feet every night my diabetic educator check my feet every three months take care hope you get some medical attention!!!

jayabee52 2014-06-21 12:25:11 -0500 Report

Howdy Allie
the best recommendation I believe is to see your Dr. Dr may not know what it is either, but may be able to refer you to someone who does (like a dermatologist or podiatrist)

God's best to you and yours

funnygirl98 2014-06-21 12:24:06 -0500 Report

Hi Spiced Allie it sounds to me like a blister on ur foot. If at all possible do not pop it because if u open it up it can turn into an ulcer which I have right now I'm trying to get healed up. My sore started out as a blister and it poped open and got infected and turned into a bad ulcer. What my dr. told me is to keep bandage over it and let the foot heal from the inside out. I hope this is of some help to you. If u want to know more just let me know;-)

Chevy Vega
Chevy Vega 2014-06-21 12:17:07 -0500 Report

Hi, Allie,
I hope this is of some use to you;

Diabetic Blisters (Bullosis Diabeticorum)
Rarely, people with diabetes erupt in blisters. Diabetic blisters can occur on the backs of fingers, hands, toes, feet and sometimes on legs or forearms. These sores look like burn blisters and often occur in people who have diabetic neuropathy. They are sometimes large, but they are painless and have no redness around them. They heal by themselves, usually without scars, in about three weeks. The only treatment is to bring blood sugar levels under control.

- See more at:

Next Discussion: lowering a1c »