I have been on and off the insulin pump for 8 years now. I think the pump is great in many ways. It makes keeping my BG in a stable range extremely easy. My A1C are about the same as they are as when I am off the pump, mostly in the summer months. The pump just makes mnanaging T1D easier. I still, however, have a love/hate relationship with my pump. What are some of the most annoying things I find about using about the pump:
1) When the tubing is hanging out away from my body and it catches on a door knob or cabinet handle as I walk by. That's when it get ripped from my body. Ouch I hate when that happen.
2) those occasional irritated infusion set sites. They do happen from time to time, but boy do they suck.
3) trying to try on new clothes in a clothing shop while I am wearing the pump.
4) Ok a bit intimate here, going to the bath room. I have come extremely close, but trying to keep the pump from falling off and ending up in the toilet. Too many close calls.
5) More intimate moments, like when my wife and I decide to ;) well you know. I have to quickly stop what I an doing and disconnect the pump and pump and put it someplace that is not in the way.
These are just a few of the annoying thing about the pump, What are yours??
Next Discussion: Diabetes Treatment: Medications For Type 2 Diabetes »