Time for a little diversion.
Following is a list of 15 lines of song lyrics plucked randomly from songs that were on the Billboard’s Top 20 year end charts between the years of 1942 and 2013. This means you should each be able to get at least one. To make it a little tougher, they’re not listed chronologically.
I’ll give you one point for song title, and one for group/artist. Three of them (I’m not telling which) come with an extra bonus point, for a total of 33 points. Keep score yourself, and anyone who gets them all gets………..my undying admiration.
1. Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling
2. Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep. They just lie there and they die there
3. I hope he buys you flowers, I hope he holds your hand
4. She said you were to know, that she almost lost her mind.
5. But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
6. I told myself it's best that I forget you
7. Am I dreamin'. I can hear her screamin'
8. Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill
9. Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling, tell me baby where did I go wrong
10. One girl, one boy, some grief, some joy
11. I hear you whisper & the words melt everyone
12. Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
13. I know every crack in these dirty sidewalks of Broadway
14. So lift your eyes if you feel you can, reach for a star and I'll show you a plan
15. That is why all the girls in town follow you all around
Next Discussion: Kidney transplant and Type 2 Diabetes »