Gotta Keep My head Up

By Survivor7311 Latest Reply 2013-12-06 18:55:05 -0600
Started 2013-12-03 00:08:13 -0600

So I've been extremely stressed out since Saturday. I have a service dog i've had for a year who's helped me with alerting me when my sugars get too high and when their dropping too low. Well my landlord is wanting me to produce a paper where he was prescribed to me. He wasn't prescribed but given to me & recommended to have. Well because i didn't give her that letter she isn't renewing our lease for January and wants us out by the end of this month. i have no where to go nor am financially capable of affording anything else. I don't know what else to do & you guys rock with putting me in a better mood! i need some support or advice on what to do.

8 replies

Dr Gary
Dr GaryCA 2013-12-04 16:39:47 -0600 Report

Hi Survivor,

So sorry to hear you are under all of this stress. I hope you will advocate for yourself here, with the Housing Authority and with your doctor. There has to be an answer here.

I am keeping you in my thoughts. Keep us posted on how you're doing.


mspiggy81 2013-12-03 12:02:05 -0600 Report

Contact your local housing authority, they can tell you if you have any legal recourse in your state and where to start to get the paperwork you need for your dog to be considered a service dog. They can also assist you in finding housing that will allow you to have your dog.

Next Discussion: Hello, Please help.... »