Not Sure What to Do - Lost Insurance

By gatweety1072 Latest Reply 2013-07-12 11:13:39 -0500
Started 2013-06-24 08:12:23 -0500

I take metformin 2x daily and levemier at night at bed, and and one other insulin throughout the day as needed on the sliding scale. My husband recently lost his job meaning we have no insurance. Which means I cant afford my medicine or go to the dr. In the area that I live in there are no income based clinics or anything like that. Can someone please help me with some logical and realistic ways to get my sugar down. I also have diabetic neuropathy and the whole right side of my body hurts.

6 replies 2013-07-12 11:13:39 -0500 Report

you can also get them at target and walmart stores for $4 dollars for 15 pills or $10 and up a little for more I do it.they help me a 2013-06-30 18:05:13 -0500 Report

you can call patient assistance program the novo nordik inc.(866)-310-7549 good luck you can not beleave how much they helped me payed for all my pen needles wips and everthing I can not be on the state medical or medicare to join.

NANCY224 2013-06-29 19:17:14 -0500 Report

Yes I would try for state help. Also call your Drs office and tell them you lost your insurance,maybe they can tell you what to do. YOU NEED YOUR MEDS!!!!. Don't be crazy and think you don't . Your only going to cause mre health issues

dbreidenbach 2013-06-26 05:56:36 -0500 Report

I agree with Maintanenceman1, check to see if your state has insurance you can purchase. Another option is to check if your state has Medical Assistance for Workers with Disabilities. My state has it, and you don't have to do much work to get it. I work online and make a little bit of money, and I get coverage. The fact you need your meds makes you a candidate for this type of insurance.

Maintanenceman1 2013-06-24 20:22:13 -0500 Report

try to apply for state paid for insurance. do you have any extra cash in saving that you can use to by your medicine & supplies until you can get some help Some doctors will give you a break on the price if you talk to them.

Next Discussion: A1C »