Diabetic Doctor

By peewee0618 Latest Reply 2013-05-25 19:06:25 -0500
Started 2013-05-17 09:39:26 -0500

My diabetic doctor left and now I am without one. Currently my internal medicine doctor who is up to date on diabetes and other stuff currently treats me. Does anyone know of a good doctor. I am a type 2 diabetic and I live in Capitol Heights, MD.


5 replies

Armourer 2013-05-22 01:18:13 -0500 Report

A couple years ago I left the Endo doc because I felt I was dumping money down the drain. My new internist is up to date, and he treats me. He just found that I've been overdosing myself for about five years and took away what the Endo doc had me take in insulin. In the last 3 weeks I've lost 7 pounds of the 50 I had gained since using insulin. In a meal I might take 45 units of Humalog, now the same food I take 5 units.

peewee0618 2013-05-25 19:06:25 -0500 Report

My internist is a good doctor and is also up to date on everything. He is treating me right now and I feel really confortable. I guess I just thought that the endo doctor would be better but may not. I am currently on Victoza which I take once a day. I did ask my doctor about it and he says it is not insulin but medicine but in the form of a needle but it's got my diabetes under control.

Just Joyce
Just Joyce 2013-05-17 10:34:36 -0500 Report

Did you Google Health Centers "Capital Heights, MD"? I did and found a list. You can also Google Angie's List. You can contact your local hospital to see if the have a community health center and to give you that number. I could give you all kinds of health centers in Baltimore City where I live.

With all kinds of health center and hospital's in MD you almost have to work hard to not find a doctor.

peewee0618 2013-05-17 15:55:21 -0500 Report

thanks, never thought of that. will do that later this evening.

Just Joyce
Just Joyce 2013-05-17 21:24:02 -0500 Report

Another source are friends, family members and neighbors or anyone you know living in your area. This is how you find out who the better doctors are.