getting educated

By SHAFLEH Latest Reply 2008-12-08 14:57:15 -0600
Started 2008-12-08 14:45:49 -0600

anyone out there know where someone can go as out patient to be educated in learning how to manage type 1

2 replies

LadyDi - 26259Miller
LadyDi - 26259Miller 2008-12-08 14:57:15 -0600 Report

I would think your doctor would be the one to set this up for you. They should give you all of the initial information and set you up to see a nutritionist about changing your eating habits. This assumes, of course, that you have health insurance and regularly see your doctor. Your doctor might referr you to an endocrinologist - especially since you are Type 1. Have you just been diagnosed?

You can also check with your country health services and research such classes and resources on line. Good luck.

Ginlea 2008-12-08 14:56:17 -0600 Report

Check on free classes in the area for Diabetes.
Google:classes about diabetes in city,state
the other way is to google: Type 1 learning to manage diabetes,and you will find a lot of information