Medical Supplies

By elaine52 Latest Reply 2013-04-09 18:13:50 -0500
Started 2013-04-04 22:29:00 -0500

I was wondering if anyone can answer a question I have. I get my diabetic supplies thru the mail, but I no longer want to use them. I am on medicare/medicaid, how do I stop their service? Do I just call them up? get in touch with medicare? talk to my dr? or what? I don't care for their monitor…and would rather use a different one…Thanks for any help…

6 replies

NonnieCee 2013-04-09 01:25:19 -0500 Report

Call the DME company and tell them you no longer want their service. They may ask for a dr's order to limit their liability but it is the patient's choice of the supplier they use. Let you doctor know too because if you file through your insurance they will need to provide the new company a order for supplies. Have you asked the company if hey carry the monitor you want? They may have it and just need to know you want to swap. I work for a durable medical supplier and those are the steps we would ask if you had concerns over service or supply options.

jayabee52 2013-04-04 23:00:42 -0500 Report

I believe the best approach is to contact the company suppliying the products and ask for your account to be cancelled and all future shipments to you be stopped. You probably should call them at first, but then you might have to send them a registered letter to have proof that you actually did discontinue service with them. (but only if they are sending you stuff after you called them to discontinue service) For anything that is "in the pipeline" you can and perhaps refuse to accept the shipment when it comes to your door.

Next Discussion: Im having a moan »