a1c today

By Turtle Latest Reply 2013-01-13 21:16:58 -0600
Started 2013-01-03 20:16:56 -0600

Hi everyone,
I had a fasting a1c done today. It went up a liitle. I kind of thought it might because I have had lots of hi's lately and I figured my lows would help balance it out. It did. So it was 6.0 today!

Disturbing for me is that my tryglicerides are way hi. My choloresterol is good.

16 replies

63Gina 2013-01-05 12:13:38 -0600 Report

You're doing great. So, don't worry, so much.

Turtle 2013-01-06 21:32:06 -0600 Report

Thank you for the support everyone. I did not have lows on purpose to lower my a1c. I just experience almost as many lows as I do highs!

jayabee52 2013-01-06 22:31:33 -0600 Report

If I remember correctly no one even hinted that you were doing that on purpose.

Turtle 2013-01-09 19:25:56 -0600 Report

I just checked your previous message and you said…"its not the best way to establish a 6"

jayabee52 2013-01-09 21:30:25 -0600 Report

so did you take that as criticism? It was certainly not intended to be critical. My Jem achieved a 6 within a month of having BG levels of 300+ and the roller coaster she was on didn't do her body any good. That was close to the end of her life as I recall. It, if anything was not a criticism it was intended to be a caution, if I remember my state of mind when posting that. I pray you know I harbor only brotherly love and concern in my heart in regard to you.

Turtle 2013-01-12 23:51:06 -0600 Report

I understand fully now. Thank you for talking this out with me. Sometimes, I think ppl can easily be misunderstood thru computer because we cannot see faces when we "talk", (type).

jayabee52 2013-01-13 00:16:38 -0600 Report

It is difficult to get it right when typing and reading.

It was said in my communications class in college that only 5% of communication is the words we use, the other 95% is communicated by our facial experessons and tone of voice.

Turtle 2013-01-13 21:16:58 -0600 Report

I believe that totally. I think I heard that years ago from my public speaker instructor.

tabby9146 2013-01-05 09:04:29 -0600 Report

sorry about the trigs. good news on the other! hope you can get them down soon mine used to be bad, used to have higher numbers all around

restlessdiabetic 2013-01-04 14:22:34 -0600 Report

Wow I can't remember the last time my a1c was that low. Last time I took mine was about a week or 2 and it came up as 13. Something. Good luck with ur blood levels.

IronOre 2013-01-04 22:40:15 -0600 Report

13 is on the high.
If you bring it down to a good level the other problems that you mention in your profile will be reduced.

jimmuel 2013-01-04 14:07:48 -0600 Report

my tryglicerides was disturbing high because my blood sugar was a rollar coster running high an then low but more on the highside an when I got them lower an more on a leveled out my tryglicerides started coming down an there still coming down,my doctor said they will an not to worry or stress all that doese is keep you high,in time they will come down a 6 is not that bad on your a1c,keep up an watch your stress an card,exercise helps alote with the highs

MewElla 2013-01-04 13:33:07 -0600 Report

Congrats on your A1C. Always glad to get through another A1C as I know it is a averaging of all your levels…

jayabee52 2013-01-04 02:18:28 -0600 Report

Yes your lows do balance it out. It is a 3 month rolling average of your BG levels 24 hrs a day. It is however weighted toward the last 2 weeks of average readings. It is not however the best way to achieve a 6. My late wife "Jem" had readings in the 300s for about a week but also experienced hypos during the night. Her A1c right after that was a 6.

That was really hard on her body, but she had a lot of other "medical challenges" to contend with as well, some of which she had to take prednisone pills or cortisone shots.

I pray your upcoming gastric surgery will have a beneficial effect on your BG levels too!r