Your're more likely to have insulin resistance if you:
* are overweight
* are physically inactive
* are a woman with a waist measurement at your belly button over 35" or a man with a waist measurement over 40"
* have a parent, brother, or sister with type 2 diabetes
* have polycystic ovary syndrome
* are over age 45
* have a blood pressure over 140/90 mmHg
* have low HDL(good) cholesterol levels(35 mg/dl or lower)
* have high levels of fat called triglycerides in the blood(2500md/dl or higher)
All these risk factors put you at risk for heart diease.
Next Discussion: 62 Years Of Type 1.......Chapter 3 »