There has been a lot of viciousness, meanness and other stuff on here of late. As adults, we need to be guided by certain rules.
1) always respect the other person. When you disagree, don't attck the person if you disagree with what they say. Address why you think what they say in wrong or incorrect.
2) name calling in not acceptable
3) Verbal abuse is not acceptable
4) most of us on here fight many health battles on different fronts. Remember that you have not walked in that person's shoes.
5) Some people may be mentally ill. Anything from mild depression (ME!) to multiple personalities and everything in-between. Do not attack the person. Ever.
6) What you need to know, you learned in kindergarden. RESPECT.
7) If someone verbally abuses someone and is a repeat offender do the following:
a) do not acknowledge the post. Not one word.
b) report the post
c) contact your DC friends and tell them the name and discussion and ask them to report the post if they agree.
8) The crap has got to stop. None of us need it and most of us don't want it.
Abuse, in any form, has got to stop. Jim
Next Discussion: A Life Lesson to be shared »