The year 2011 has been filled with many ups and downs for me. While it would be easy to focus on the negatives I am choosing to finish the year out thinking positive. Blessings can come in many shapes and forms, and I am going to list mine so please bare with me.
1. My wonderful and extremely beautiful wife, who has stood next to me and given me support when I know it wasn't easy to do so.
2. My 17 year old daughter, who makes me so proud to be called her father. Her passion for life is just astounding.
3. My 5 year old son, who can make me laugh with just a cock of his eyebrow. He has such a bright future that I am lucky to be able to be part of it.
4. My Diabetes. yes I said it my diabetes. you see Diabetes has given me an insight on how I was living my life and what I was doing wrong. Yes it is very hard to keep track of all the things related to it but it also gives me a focus in my life that was missing for many many years. I now realize that in order for me to be around for my family I have to take care of myself and that I MATTER!
5. All my friends and the members here at Diabetic Connect. You all have been a life boat for me in a sea of confusion. You have all stood by me as I went through a range of emotions from rage to glee. This is something that I have learned from and try to act on daily in my left dealing with others. For that I can never show you how much I thank you.
I do have many other blessing that I could share but i don't want to bore you. Suffice it to say my life is very different than it was 2 years ago and for that I am so thankful.
My wish for all of you is in the year 2012 that you may be able to see the small blessings in your life and that they may outweigh the obsticles you may face. May you find joy in a childs smile and may you dance in the rain like noone is watching!
Next Discussion: diabetes »