1. For low caloric snacking during the week-wash, cut and bag-fruits like, berries,grapes; veggies like-cucumbers, carrots, celery, bell peppers. The easier they are to grab, the more likely you'll eat them.
2. Buy a pedometer-Keep track of your steps when you walk for exercise. Try and aim for 10,000 steps a day as your ultimate goal.
3. Do you eat when bored? Make a list of things to do instead of eating-like calling a friend, take dog for walk, and post list to your fridge.
4. A 100 caloric bowl of soup will make you feel fuller than 100 caloric bag of pretzels.
5. Exercise with a friend-more enjoyable and you probably with exercise longer with the friend.
6. Apples are low in calories and rich in fiber that lowers blood sugar usually.
7. Stay hydrated- Drink water whether you are thirsty or not-Dehydration can lead to serious problems.
8. Clear soups and salads with drizzle of dressing fill you up without many calories. Avoid the creamy soups, hidden sodium, etc.
9. Exercise can cause blood sugar levels to rise or fall, test before and after your exercise.
10. Don't get discouraged even if the numbers on the scale haven't budged much, as long as you add more exercise to your life, you lose fat and replace it with muscle, which will make it easier to keep the pounds off once you start losing weight.
Anybody got some more tips?
Next Discussion: another update »