Treating Insulin Reactions

By lissy1 Latest Reply 2011-08-05 19:26:57 -0500
Started 2011-08-04 16:48:59 -0500

You are invited to read my latest blog on treating insulin reactions

7 replies

realsis77 2011-08-05 10:31:54 -0500 Report

I loved your story! Soo cute! I also use insulin and in my purse I carry gloclose candy. Its called gluclose. It comes in different flavors but I perfer grape! Its been a real life saver for me! When I run out I might give the sugar a try? Its whatever works and what ever your comfortable with! Your story was so cute! I loved it!

lissy1 2011-08-05 10:36:55 -0500 Report

Hi Realsis
Thanks for your response. Where do you buy the glucose? Is it sold in the pharmacy section of a store? I might try that for when school starts up again.

realsis77 2011-08-05 11:50:33 -0500 Report

I buy the tablets at rite aid I just get their brand. Its called simply Glucose tablets, they do have name brands but why pay more? These generic tablets can be found with the diabetic supplies at your local rite aide store. A common name brand for them are DEX4. These tablets are the same thing. They taste pretty good too! I perfer grape flavor but they have other flavors! They have been a GOD SEND for me! I carry them everywhere! It looks like candy so if your students see you eating it they will just think its a candy :) .

George1947 2011-08-04 23:14:51 -0500 Report

The site refused to let me comment, so… I prefer to use the single serving boxes of raisins, as they add some nutrients and some fiber…

lissy1 2011-08-05 06:21:53 -0500 Report

Glad that works for you! I dont think my stomach would tolerate it though.
Thanks for sharing it with me.