Home Caretaker

Leigh Marsden
By Leigh Marsden Latest Reply 2008-10-24 12:19:45 -0500
Started 2008-10-21 12:17:27 -0500

Does anyone know where to go to get asst. with cleaning the house since Iam disabled. I need help despertely. I know that I am applicable I just don't know where to go. any help would be appreciated. your friend, Leigh

16 replies

2008-10-24 11:10:24 -0500 Report

You can go to Human Services, Home Health Services, Hospital Social Worker, Social Services, Office for the aging; whatever apply to you can be very helpful to you; Look up your County phone numbers; they should all be listed and more; even Special Needs, for help. Hope that helped a little;

Leigh Marsden
Leigh Marsden 2008-10-24 12:19:45 -0500 Report

Thank you very much.
this coming wk. I will be busy setting this all up. I definetely will call around about it and try to get the ball rolling. Your Friend, Leigh

Anonymous 2008-10-24 08:27:01 -0500 Report

I also have this problem and I contacted actual cleaning services and got a huge discount because I am disabled and on Social security disability. I really only need the bathrooms and kitchen done and when they come they do everything. Baseboards, ceiling fans, wipe out the refrigerator, floors, windows, etc. It is like spring cleaning. I have them come twice a month and it only costs me 35 dollars each time. Usually it would have been 70. Mine is called Maid Authority, but they have all other. like Merry Maids. Maybe your local authorities will know what is offered where you live. Mine was reccommeneded from my doctor when he suggested I not do the stuff anymore. Good luck with your findings.

Leigh Marsden
Leigh Marsden 2008-10-24 08:50:30 -0500 Report

What a good idea! Thank you so much !

I am sure with all of the input that I have recieved and with the Lords help I will find a way that is perfect for me.

God Bless you all, Leigh

patti 2008-10-24 00:43:30 -0500 Report

Hey Leigh,
Hope you are feeling better…check on craigslist there are people that can help you there also check with your ins company thay may have a list of home health companies that can assist you and they may cover it. Good luck let us know what you find out!
Huggs Patti

Leigh Marsden
Leigh Marsden 2008-10-24 06:42:23 -0500 Report

Thank you all sooo much!!! I am going to check into all of your suggestions this coming week. I am making a list of numbers and assc.'s to call. I truly appreciate all of your guy's assistance.

I am feeling better, although I know from past experiences that it won't last…

I am going to go to the park today and I am going to try to walk. Even if it is only 300 ft… I am going to put in the effort to improve my health. The love of my life, Gene is also disabled. He is going with, along with my chubby 8-9 yr. old rescued pitbull, Bulldoggie… We are all in dire need of physical activity.
I stress the importance of maintaining your health. The importance to it is loud and clear when it is far gone…

Your Friend, Leigh

bluecatc 2008-10-22 21:04:04 -0500 Report

go to your local area on aging and they can help ya.. Also ask your local SRS if they know of any companys that can help ya.. Here in ks we have a compnay called home team of ks that helps with people of ages clean.. Best of luck and let me know if this helps ya out any

Leigh Marsden
Leigh Marsden 2008-10-24 06:57:30 -0500 Report

What is a SRS? Thank you for any help that you can give. I am going to call around next week now that I have some ideas of what to do. Thank you, Leigh

Petrea 2008-10-22 19:21:20 -0500 Report

Sometimes your local county Senior & Disabled Services would have a program that you would be eligible for. If you are disabled & need help they usually have a list of people that could come out & help you with your housekeeping,grocery shopping, etc. You could give them a call & they could probably direct you to a place that could help you.

Leigh Marsden
Leigh Marsden 2008-10-24 06:55:40 -0500 Report

Thank you,
This would be a blessing. It is getting where my boyfriend (disabled also) is going to be unable to drive.
Thanks again, Leigh

GabbyPA 2008-10-21 13:38:42 -0500 Report

Here we have a company that comes in called Granny Nanny. They are geared for the elderly, but I am sure they would be able to do it for anyone.

I also went to an independence expo a couple of months ago and one of the seminars I attended was a caretaker needs. One of the speakers hires nursing interns to work with them. They found that they could work with an "untrained" person easier and train them to do what they wanted them to do.

Leigh Marsden
Leigh Marsden 2008-10-24 06:54:27 -0500 Report

I tried to find this in the phone book with no luck. Do you have any idea what it would be listed under?
Thanks Gabby, Leigh

teddybearcub1960 2008-10-21 12:56:32 -0500 Report

Do you have a Public Health Department in your county? If so maybe they have Public Health-Aide, who can come in to help with some cleaning. But that is where I would try first.

Next Discussion: Back & Better Than Ever »