Half Concerned
By Half Concerned Latest Reply 2011-08-03 14:18:47 -0500
Started 2011-07-30 08:40:47 -0500

Hi everyone,
My names right now is Half Concerned because I am at the point of giving completely up, and I am 54.I am on 12 medications plus my testing equipment.I have NO INCOME COMING IN RIGHT NOW.I have been fighting for my disability since 2008 ( I have to fight for what they took from me,BIG JOKE),my unemployment ran out in March, I applied for AND (Aide To The Needy Disabled) they are suppose to make a decision in 45 days, it is now 90 days for me.So again NO MONEY COMING IN.I have gone the last 2 monthes without most of my pills as I can't afford them.I have tried every avenue I can think of in Colorado Springs, Colorado and have gotten NO WHERE, WHICH IN TURNS FRUSTRATES ME AND THEN I GO INTO DEPRESSION MODE.I do not know what to do or where to go.How long can I go without taking the pills I really need?Blood pressure,diabetes 2, restless leg syndrom,degenerating disks in lower back, bladder control pills,pain extruciating pain and that's not all of them, in all I have 14 prescriptions.I rather have triplets then to be in the pain I am in everyday all day.I am in the bed most of the time as I am in to much pain in my hips to do anything.Does anyone know where I can get help getting my medications without an income or no insurance?And there is no such program for free meds you have to send money to them to see if you quilify for the program.So again I am to the point of not caring at all!!!!!

7 replies

ladymagnolia1963 2011-08-03 14:18:47 -0500 Report

Hi Concerned,

My husband and I are almost in the same boat as you are. No job, unemployment *Thank you Jesus!* and a lot of medications! Right now were at that point of we either get food or meds. We can't get both. Thank God for food banks!

I looked up free medical care for your State and city on Google. Here is the link to the whole page.
I looked at a few of the programs and there seems to be a Hope in you getting some immediate help. I hope one of them in the bunch will be useful to you. If the link does not work. Go to Google and type in "colorado springs colorado free health clinic."
Please keep us posted on how your doing. Keeping you in my prayers \0/\0/\0/.

RAYT721 2011-07-30 20:41:36 -0500 Report

I can't speak for your state but here in Ohio we had the assistance of our State Representative's office who has liaisons between the government disability programs and the patients. Within weeks of cluing them in on our situation of waiting for a court appointment (waiting 2 years) had us booked. My wife was granted a bench decision on the spot in her favor. How I wish we had known about the State Representative's office sooner. With the government disability came the Medicare for medical necessities. Get them on the phone on Monday a.m. Do NOT give up!!!

catroter53 2011-07-30 12:35:46 -0500 Report

if you are talking about your ssdi, and if not, you should quilafy for ssdi or ssi,, call the SS office in your area..asap,, also if you get on ssdi you get medicare if you put into through the years you worked,, it helps,, i also have degenrated disc D. the pain really sucks

coffeecoffeecoffee 2011-07-30 12:25:50 -0500 Report

as the other posts suggest - try the pharmaceutical companies for their reduced income programs. you may feel very isolated right now but the truth is that you have a lot of company - lots of people in your situation. one doc told me that a diagnosis of diabetes automatically triggers 4-5 prescriptions. if you don't have good prescription coverage this will hurt.

realsis77 2011-07-30 12:15:51 -0500 Report

God bless you I could not imagine what you are going through right now! I hope this helps: try going to the Health department and tell them your situation. Bring a list of you medications with you. The health department should know of some low or no cost programs that can help!also the department of human services possiably could help.if human services can't help the health department knows of many programs and clinics. I've went to the health department myself. And I got directed to a clnic when I was not insured. The clinic gave me my medicine for a very low cost.also perhaps you can see a lawyer about your disability? Many disability lawyers work for free until your settlement comes in. My heart really goes out to you ! I don't know what I would do without my disability or medicare! I also take about 20 medications and I thank God every day for the medicare! I truely hope that some of my options I've given help you! Also one more thing, call the drug manufactures of your medication and ask if they have a "patient assistance program" sometimes they will give the pills for free! Just sign up for the patience assistance program. Look up the manufacture of the medicines online and call directly. Tell them your situation, a LOT of drug company's will help for free! This is another option! I truely hope one of these options work for you! Also you can go to your county hospital and tell them you need your medication, they know how to set a person up with medical. That is what its called in my town. Different areas have different names. Please keep us posted on how your doing and don't give up! I pray one of these options work for you!! Let us know how things are going ok? God bless and good luck!

alanbossman 2011-07-30 09:20:38 -0500 Report

You can try deptment of human services, also try all the pharmaceutical companys that you have meds with sometimes they will help.

grandmaducky 2011-07-30 08:59:36 -0500 Report

check with some of the churches around u and look into a church ran clinic for medical help they work on a sliding scale keep hanging in there tough times for everyone right now nobody has any money around here either good luck

Next Discussion: insulin for protein »