1. Majorly reducing carbs. When I eat bread, I eat really dark bread…preferably pumpernickel. Whole wheat pasta if I eat it at all. No white rice.
2. No beer. Ok, so I'll have an ultra light now and again.
3. Flaxseed oil or fish oil tabs. One daily.
4. Vitamin D tabs — One daily.
5. A morning breakfast drink (Shakeology, made by the P90X people)
6. One grapefruit a day (a powerhouse fruit!), usually first thing in the morning or late morning
7. Several small meals a day (I never thought I could do it, but it is working wonders — I'll even split up my sandwich…eat 1/2 around noon and 1/2 around 2:00 p.m.)
8. No more chips or fries with a lunchtime sandwich. I'll allow myyself fries once during the weekend — potatoes are my weakness!
9. Regular exercise…I'm back to exercising at least 3 times a week pretty strenuously for at least 30 minutes
10. Meditation/relaxation — relieving/releasing the stress
Next Discussion: Vegan and Vegetarian »